China is testing US-European relations. How are the U.S. and European countries addressing China’s rise as a systemic rival? How can they address China as a competitor? Are there areas where the US and Europe can engage with China as a partner? I host a transatlantic working group, and am engaged in commentary and publications, on these issues.
- Daniel S. Hamilton and Joseph Renouard, eds., The Transatlantic Community and China in the Age of Great Power Rivalry (Routledge, 2023, forthcoming)
- Implementing NATO’s Strategic Concept on China, by Hans Binnendijk and Daniel S. Hamilton, Atlantic Council
- Betting on Ourselves: The U.S., Europe, and China, Finland Chamber of Commerce
- CAI is DOA, Asia Europe Journal
- No, China is not the EU’s top trading partner, Politico
- Face It, NATO: The North Atlantic and the Indo-Pacific are Linked, Hans Binnendijk and Daniel S. Hamilton, Defense News
- A Transatlantic Pivot to Asia, Hans Binnendijk, ed., Center for Transatlantic Relations