I have engaged extensively on transatlantic economic topics in publications, congressional and parliamentary testimonies, presentations and media commentary.
Of particular note is the annual The Transatlantic Economy publication, which I write together with my colleague Joe Quinlan. It presents the most up-to-date information on jobs, trade and investment between Europe and the United States.
- COVID-19 Likely to Lead to Global Recession in 2020
- COVID-19 Induced Transatlantic Recession in 2020
- America’s Major Commercial Arteries
- U.S. State Exports of Goods to Europe and China
Our work provides the raw material for Thriving Together, an online platform that showcases the deep ties that bind Europe and the United States, including individual profiles for the 50 US states and 30+ European countries.
Related contributions include the following:
- No, China is not the EU’s top trading partner, Politico
- First Resort: An Agenda for the United States and the European Union, Wilson Center
- The best basis for re-setting EU-US relations, Euractiv
- The Changing Transatlantic Economy, Advantage Austria
- The Transatlantic Economy 2020 Reader’s Guide
- It’s still the Atlantic, stupid! WirtschaftsWoche, April 11, 2020 [in English | in German]
- Transatlantic Commerce: Ties That Bind, Berlin Policy Journal, March 23, 2020
- Transatlantic Policy Impacts of the U.S.-EU Trade Conflict, Testimony before the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the U.S. House of Representatives, June 26, 2019
- Creating the North Atlantic Marketplace for Jobs and Growth: Three Paths, One Detour, A U-Turn, and the Road to Nowhere (2018)
- Is there life After TTIP? The future of transatlantic economic relations, Presentation to Bruegel, Brussels, February 2018
- Next Steps in the ‘Special Relationship’: Impact of a US-UK Free Trade Agreement, Testimony before the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the U.S. House of Representatives, February 1, 2017
- The Geopolitics of TTIP (2014)
- The Geopolitics of TTIP: Repositioning the Transatlantic Relationship for a Changing World
- Europe’s Economic Crisis, edited with Robert M. Solow (2012)
- Europe 2020: Competitive or Complacent? (2011)