I have engaged extensively on transatlantic economic topics in publications, congressional and parliamentary testimonies, presentations and media commentary.
Of particular note is the annual The Transatlantic Economy (hyperlink to book) publication, which I write together with my colleague Joe Quinlan. It presents the most up-to-date information on jobs, trade and investment between Europe and the United States.
My book Rule-Makers or Rule-Takers? Exploring the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership which I edited with my colleague Jacques Pelkmans, was named the ”#1 Global Policy Study 2016” by the annual University of Pennsylvania peer-review survey of global think tanks.
Related contributions include the following:
- Creating the North Atlantic Marketplace for Jobs and Growth: Three Paths, One Detour, A U-Turn, and the Road to Nowhere (2018)
- Is there life After TTIP? The future of transatlantic economic relations, Presentation to Bruegel, Brussels, February 2018
- Next Steps in the ‘Special Relationship’: Impact of a US-UK Free Trade Agreement, Testimony before the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the U.S. House of Representatives, February 1, 2017
- The Geopolitics of TTIP (2014)
- The Geopolitics of TTIP: Repositioning the Transatlantic Relationship for a Changing World
- Europe’s Economic Crisis, edited with Robert M. Solow (2012)
- Europe 2020: Competitive or Complacent? (2011)